Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Newton's Three Law's of Motion! I dont have a weird title today.. Sorry.

     Hello everyone! I am back! Today we will be learning about Newton's Three Law's of Motion, just incase you didn't read the title. Guess what! Isaac Newton comes into this once again! Wonderful, right? Well, let's get started.


1. Every object persists in its state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line unless it's compelled to change that state by forces impressed on it.

2. Force is equal to the change in momentum per change in time. For a constant mass, force equals mass times acceleration.

3. For every action, there is an equal and opposite re-action.

     Okay, so lets look at the first law. So, basically it is saying that an object at rest will stay at rest, and an object in motion stays in motion unless an external force is applied to it. For example, there is a soccer ball laying on a field. This object is at rest, so it will stay at rest. I am thinking like a normal person (probably not but just go with it) and decide to kick the soccer ball with a lot of force. Now, because I applied a force, the ball is in motion. The soccer ball is in motion, and will stay in motion until an external force is applied. In this instance, my external force is the net or the soccer goal stoping it from continuing. Got it? Hopefully because I am moving on.


     First law is now done, hopefully that was a simple one. Let's move on the second law. It's talking about how force equals mass times acceleration. I talked about this a couple blog posts ago so go and read it if you need to. The second law is saying that force equals mass times acceleration (f=m*a). You are throwing a 6-pound and an 8-pound shot put, a heavy led ball that you throw in track and field, once at a time. You will be applying the same force for each of them. The 6-pound will go further because the weight is smaller than the 8-pound. If you want more inforation, you can go down to my earlier blog post.


     For the third and final law, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. In other and simpler words, for every force there is a reaction with the same size, but in the opposte direction. *Credit to Maddie for the help for this example :D* Gravity. That is my example. When you are standing on the earth, you are using a force against the Earth, but there is a force from the Earth that is pushign back at you.




Did you like my blog about gravity
Please tell me your feedback! I'd like 
to know how I did! I would love to 
know what you thought of this! 
Thanks for reading everyone! <3 <3
 
xoxo Teemster! :D


Links are in pink (for pictures).
Information is from the 8th Grade Physics Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment